Monday, June 20, 2011

World of Disney Cast Member

So yesterday, found out my specific location after 'Welcome to... Merchandise' and also training schedule. First of all Welcome to was definitely not as fun as Traditions. I was really bored most of the day and the videos and everything was hard to keep my attention. I was very thankful when end of the class came. lol

Okay so first I'm working at World of Disney in Downtown Disney, which isn't a bad store. I've gone to DTD in the past just to look in there before. But can't say I'm a little bummed didn't get placed in one of the parks. But oh well I'm still surrounded by lots and I means lots of great Disney merchandise.

Got my schedule, all my shifts are pretty late. First I ever had to work a job where I won't be getting off till really later/early morning. But I'm just glad I'm a night person. Most of time I'm not in bed 'till 2 or 3 am so guess works out a bit. lol

And last got my costume, which took me 2 1/2 tries to get it right. The costumes run a bit smaller than what I wear in real clothing. But the costume isn't to bad, for those shopped in the World of Disney, it's like some kind of dark green(maybe olive color looking for?) pants, white button up shirt, and a vest that's brown with little mickey heads, and stripes and dots on it and green in the back. I mean really not that bad. I've seen other costumes and some I really don't care for so glad I get to wear what I do. lol

But that's it. I have my first class tomorrow at 8:30 am then I don't start training until Saturday! So hopefully this will be a not to bad experience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment